Wednesday 21 November 2012

Peculiar

One of the words which came up in the theatre workshops was "Peculiar". Jersey is a peculiar of the British Crown and so answers directly to the Crown, not the British Parliament. One thing I love about Jersey is stories, I wanted to include a sea monster as they often appear in tales of the sea and the sea is an intrinsic part of Jersey. So my peculiar monster swims past the peculiar rock (based on a 17th century map), the ship is the Janvrin, a cod trading ship built in Jersey, both are printed on hand made paper and the map is printed on part of a map of Jersey which was found at an auction and donated by a kind friend. My father is horrified that I have been chopping up maps which would otherwise be useful navigational aids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment