Sunday 29 January 2012


Artist's proof. This is one of a big series of linocuts Ive been working on. The series is called "Deceptive Appearances".
This one turned out quite well although I'm having problems with registration. I've tried rolling the two lino sheets through the press in the same direction and I've tried using mounting card to stop the lino moving with mixed results. I'm wondering if maybe loosening the pressure might work. The background texture is made using caustic soda and wire brush. Steve Edwards who uses caustic soda, very kindly gave me some advice as I was having problems with it. I think the face that I was using floor lino instead of art lino might have something to do with it. One good thing is that I now know that if I spill caustic soda on my studio floor, it's unlikely to damage it as long as I mop it up within a few hours!!!


3 comments:

  1. Hello Kerry-Jane... He's magnificent! Thanks for the lovely message on my blog. Printmakers unite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He won a prize! He was selected and highly commended for an exhibition called the JJ Fox which is an annual Channel Island exhibition, this year judged by the lovely and talented Mr. Clive Hicks-Jenkins. I was lucky enough to receive a copy of his book.

    ReplyDelete